Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retired in Alaska two years ago, so I decided to take up wood working. I have started several projects and concluded that a router would take the pieces I am working on to the next level. I am familiar with power tools, but only used routers a handful of times. My lack of knowledge has led me to purchase an incomplete router at a "bargain" price, only to realize the collet and nut will cost me more than the router and base put together.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you. Add your location, as well.

Photos always help, so do models and model numbers, etc. And we do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready.

David

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I retired in Alaska two years ago, so I decided to take up wood working. I have started several projects and concluded that a router would take the pieces I am working on to the next level. I am familiar with power tools, but only used routers a handful of times. My lack of knowledge has led me to purchase an incomplete router at a "bargain" price, only to realize the collet and nut will cost me more than the router and base put together.
welcome. what did you buy? replacement collets aren't that expensive.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome to the the forums N/A...

over at this here link there is some light reading that may help you advance your knowledge about routers and routering..

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A model and serial number go a long way to locating replacement parts so please post. Some models come with both a 1/4" and 1/2" collet so be aware of that as well.

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
Glad you decided to join the fun. This is a great place to learn, and lots of people here are tickled to share and help as best they can. Some questions elicit responses with different ways to accomplish the task. Be sure to check out the link Stick posted. It's a lot of pretty useful and practical information. Woodworking is an amazing addiction and working with tools is a real pleasure. With a brand and model number, you can search for replacement collets by googling tool replacement parts.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum

·
Official Greeter
19,753 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.