Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I found this forum yesterday trying to find help for Candle CNC software, which doesn't seem to have its own forum anywhere. That problem is solved, but there seems to be a lot more to learn here. I mainly write software, but also build the systems and enclosures that run the software. Lately I have been using a Ryobi table router from Home Depot, with 3d printed fixtures, to cut holes in plastic electronics cases. That plus 1:1 printed paper patterns instead of hand layout has been my state of the art for a few years now.

Right now I'm trying out a no-name grbl CNC engraver kit from Amazon, to make the processes more repeatable. Before opening the kit yesterday, I never heard of grbl. Now there is a whole world of new tools to learn. Fun stuff.

·
Super Moderator
317 Posts
welcome to the forum, Larry.
me and electronics is not fun LOL - I'm so glad there are people like you and the other members here that can figure things out and keep our world spinning on its proper axis. As a sign maker in a former life, I made all my 1:1 drawings and patterns on a pen plotter. to me, that was the Bees Knees back then.
looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

·
Official Greeter
19,282 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Larry. (oops, I saw your earlier post)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts