Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retired from health care for 14 years I enjoy filling my spare time with woodworking projects. I have my shop in my basement and I took woodworking lessons in the past enough to be relatively confortable and safe with my tools.
i like to craft my own projects from ideas I find on the net or in my head and to design my own plans using SketchUp.

i always appreciate help and advices for my ongoing projects And like to give my 2 cents when appropriate.

thanks for accepting me in this forum.
i apologize, English is not my first language. Please keep it simple when you talk to me. Avoiding misunderstanding. :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Retired from health care for 14 years I enjoy filling my spare time with woodworking projects. I have my shop in my basement and I took woodworking lessons in the past enough to be relatively confortable and safe with my tools.
i like to craft my own projects from ideas I find on the net or in my head and to design my own plans using SketchUp.

i always appreciate help and advices for my ongoing projects And like to give my 2 cents when appropriate.

thanks for accepting me in this forum.
i apologize, English is not my first language. Please keep it simple when you talk to me. Avoiding misunderstanding. :)
your English is better than some Americans! Welcome tot he forum. Are you planning to create a bunch of Christmas decorations to sell this year in October or November, or is this a hobby shop for tinkering?

Joe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks the Hobbyist,
Effectively, it is only tinkering. I don’t sell anything because of my home insurance but I do a lot of toys and furniture for my grandchildren. I care about myself too with a lot of furniture.

thanks again fo welcoming me

domi

·
Registered
750 Posts
Why would your home insurance come into play? Would they deem this to be a "commercial fab shop"? Home hobby people make all sorts of things and sell them on ETSY and eBay and so many other places. As lon as you aren't running a three-phase 400 TON brake or something, I can't imagine that you could not get a "rider" to cover this.

Joe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would your home insurance come into play? Would they deem this to be a "commercial fab shop"? Home hobby people make all sorts of things and sell them on ETSY and eBay and so many other places. As lon as you aren't running a three-phase 400 TON brake or something, I can't imagine that you could not get a "rider" to cover this.

Joe

I live in Quebec province, there are some tough rules for hobby’s. If I sell for 1$ I’m considered commercial. Some don’t care, I do. And I already have so much fun by doing just wha I do. I don’t need more.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G'day @domi125 , welcome to the forum from Australia.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts