Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
Hello and welcome to router forum William

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello N/A and welcome to the forums...

We offer some light reading for the new folks...
As in, we've put some helpful information together at this here link to help you get up and running in the world of routers... We hope it to be useful to you... Enjoy...
Do take some time and read the safety PDF's... PLEASE!!!
Blood and trips to the ER, we find, are very annoying... Not to mention – expensive...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I just joined forum.. I have a new Dewalt router DW618 type 2 with fixed base. I tried adjusting height of bit and now it is all way up will not go up or down. Any idea on how to correct?
I believe this should be covered in your operators manual...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum, William! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel. Add your location, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. What sort of woodworking are you planning or doing with that new router?

David

·
Registered
22,205 Posts
Welcome William. Did the suggestion on releasing the lever and pressing the lock button do the trick? I'm a Bosch user which is completely different raising mechanism, but you still have to release the lock for adjusting the height. The DeWalt is well regarded around her. Nice light weight too.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G,day William. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
guess you need to learn to read chinese...
I went and got the Pakistani neighbor to come over and read it for me and he said to drag it out on the gravel and put it on top of those two high rocks ,the hold it there with your bare foot keeping the big toe positioned so it won't tip. Have the oldest boy plug it into the electricity before you pull the trigger. but hang on tight because the saw is 110v and we only have 220v so saw will go twice as fast, and you might cut off toe if not careful and keep the bare foot back far enough so that the sparks flying out of motor don't burn big toe.
After he went that far I told him he could have the tool I would use a handsaw.
Herb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.