Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, broke down an ordered a new jointer. Received it just yesterday. This is basically an attachment to a multi-tool I have (similar to the shopsmith). After spending a few hrs reading the directions, started to assemble and next thing I know, I see blood on my table, couldn't figure out what happened. I ended up taking a nasty chunk out of the end of my finger. That's when I remembered why I usually wear gloves. So... with a bit of hurt pride, got the jointer up and running, still have a few tweaks to do but... now only have to wait til it starts warming up a bit more and my finger heals up some.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hey Ken,
Proud for you on your new jointer. I just got mine about a month ago. We have just gotten one of (if not) the most dangerous tools in the shop. So I guess the finger incident is a reminder just how dangerous. Hope your finger heals OK and you enjoy using the new jointer (Safely).

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Laughing....George its a 12" Porter. Its a direct drive 5 HP wood, and finger if I'm not careful, machine. wt about 1200-1500 lbs. I buy restore and use old woodworking tools. I love the old tools and most are 3PH. I was lucky enough to be able to get 3PH right off of the pole where I live for cheep.
You would really love this baby,its a real gem to use
Tour

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.