Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the forum, but not new to woodworking.
Just bought a PC 4216 jig and was trying to get help in learning how to go about setting it up. Instructions are very lacking. Found some videos that have helped me out, but if anyone has any pointers that will help out a newbie, I'd really apprciate it.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bill to Bill
Hello, welcome to the forum.
I purchased the 4212 first and then added the 14 and 16 to the basic unit so I am complete now.
I have used the 16 for box joints only, but found it very accurate and easy to use.
Have you downloaded the additional manual yet? It is located on this site in the PC section. It has additional information and also explains more clearly what was confusing in the original manual. I have printed out the whole thing and put them in a binder for my shop.
I built the mounting platform that was mentioned in one of the manuals and find it very easy to set up and use just by clamping it down to a work surface. I have also built a couple of boxes to store all the parts for each accessory pack so they don't get mixed up and dirty.
I am using a Sears Craftsman 2 HP router with my jig and I have had no problems.
Let me know if I can help you with any specific issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all,
I'll be checking out the video and also the additional manual.
Nice to get help. I've played with the jig trying the different templates,and setups but have not put the router to anything yet. Want to take my time and get it right.
Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
half blind dovetail

Watched the video, read as much as I could find and tried the jig making half blind dovetails. Took my time and feel very good about the first time results. Not much that a little sanding won't cure. Going to try to post a picture, but may not be able to as I am a new member and am restricted unti I get enough posts.

Makes an old 68 year old feel pretty good. :happy:

Thanks again all for the tips and advise.
Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
looks good Bill

Hi Bill 68 is not to bad once you get into the wood work age does not matter,as most of us are in the same boat. regards carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts