Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I see you all came to this great place for several reasons but one seems to be a common denominator.....woodworking and I mean working with wood for work or play.
I am a retired Fabrication Engineer and have had a passion for wood working since I was introduced to it as a young boy straightening nails for my father. I was about 4 yrs old when he would let me get dirty in his shop. He was an old school un-plugged woodworker from the mid 30's right up to his passing in 2014. He owned a company not related to the wood industry but all of his spare time was spent in his shop, he was a true 100% woodworking hobbyist. When he retired he also would go to several schools and would provide the materials to show kids some fundamentals of wood working cutting, nailing, small little couple hour projects. I too took on the roll of becoming a 100% woodworking hobbyist, I don't teach but I do make urns that I donate to those in need, my small way of giving back. I have a small basement shop that I work out of approx. 30' x 28' with a ground level entrance. I have most of the essential tools needed, table saw, miter saw, band saw, planer, jointer, sanders, scroll saw, routers, among other power tools ect ect.
I enjoy making things out of the box if you will trying new things learning new approaches and techniques and hope to share some of the tips and tricks I have learned over he years as well........
Like my father used to say " Anyone can cut a piece of wood, the trick is to know how!" see you on the forums......

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tony . Great group here , and I suspect your going to enjoy the forum

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum. Tony

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Hi, welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you're pretty accomplished. Many, if not most, of us would do most anything to have a shop that large. Did you know that you can post pictures direct from your own computer so you can share your work and your interests.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tony.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tony.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Tony. Welcome to our little corner of the 'net from sunny Southern Ontario.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Tony and welcome. This forum does much the same thing your father did. It allows those with knowledge and passion of woodworking to pass on some of what we have learned. You`ll enjoy your time here.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tony,

What an interesting introduction and moving tribute to your father! Look forward to see some pics of
your shop and what you make posted on the forum.

Lillian

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome Tony,
Where in this fine country are you located. I am near Montreal.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Welcome, Tony. Your willingness to try new things and innovate will be welcome here, and I think you'll find many members who are of the same bent.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Last summer I bought a motorhome and visited the parts of Canada I had not seen. I enjoyed Thunder Bay except the repair bill to fix the A/C LOL I was hoping to see Shania Twain of course, but no luck. I probably would have had better luck in Vegas.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last summer I bought a motorhome and visited the parts of Canada I had not seen. I enjoyed Thunder Bay except the repair bill to fix the A/C LOL I was hoping to see Shania Twain of course, but no luck. I probably would have had better luck in Vegas.
pretty tough to see Shania Twain in Thunder Bay she is from North Bay not Thunder Bay.....just Movie stars and Hockey players here....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts