Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Josh Detloff (sorry if this is a repost, don't know what happened to my previous one). I am 25 years old and live in West Suffield, CT, but its right on the border of the Southwick, MA. I have always been interested in woodworking, and decided to take the plunge (pun intended). Well, I have plenty of other tools but just picked up my first router. A Craftsman 315.17492 to be exact. Got it for $10. Just downloaded the manual and haven't read through it yet. So far the only real woodworking project I have done is refinishing my dining room table. Nice solid oak table that got roughed up when I was in college with roommates. So I am buying this house in West Suffield, close next week and it needs some work, and plan on doing everything except the plumbing, and structural work. My first project will be wainscoting, followed by built in shelving and cabinetry in the living room. Eventually the goal is to build the cabinetry for the new kitchen.

Well enough about me. Any tips for a beginner? Any suggestions on bits?

Oh, is it possible to make a table for this router?

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Josh.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hi Josh welcome to the forum]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My really only question about the tables is, is there a particular router you need to get to build a table? Or can you just retrofit a router, like the one I bought to a table? I have a pretty nifty idea for one, but just need to know that first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts