Router Forums banner

New Member from Michigan

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Gjoustra 
#1 ·
Good Morning,

I have been woodworking for 5 years, two years ago I converted and organized my one stall garage into a wood shop and it has transformed the hobby into a passion. I enjoy building fine wood working items but the commission work pulls me into carpentry. I started chainsaw milling about a year ago so that's been cool :smile:, slab are still drying.

My research on what router to get to flatten slabs has lead me to this forum. Makita 3612C at a local pawn shop has my name on it!

#2 ·
Good morning to you and welcome. The 3612 was a powerful and well made router but has been discontinued so parts availability could be or become an issue. You may want to use that info to bargain for a good price.

Reactions: Gjoustra
#9 ·
Welcome to router forums. I bought an Alaskan attachment for my chainsaw, although I've not used it yet due to not fining any logs to saw. I live in troy Michigan and have done woodworking for more than 50 years. I am always trying to challenge myself with new projects to further my knowledge. I can tell you that this forum is one of the best forums I have found, and I read it every day. Where in Michigan are you?... and do you have a name?

#17 ·
Gary, my name is Garrit, (Nice to meet you) Thanks for the hint, I have updated my info on my profile.
I had my homemade Alaskan mill for a year before I used it as well. Toasted my saw over the weekend milling up some Maple. :crying: Let me know if you know anyone selling a big 90cc saw for cheap!:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.