Router Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an amateur woodworker. I've been making electric guitars for a few years, which allows me to combine woodworking with some other interests of mine. I also build cabinets and bookshelves and the like for around the house. I want to do some "real" furniture soon!

I've been a "lurker" here for some time and just reading on many different topics has been so helpful. I joined to ask a question, then did another search and found the answer was here already! Hope I can add something to the discussions.

Thanks,

JRP

·
Super Moderator
John
6,973 Posts
hello and welcome to the router forum,Jim

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome Jim...
what was the question anyways???

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome to the forum. We always love pics of people's projects so how about some mate? I'm sure you will have something to add here. Cheers!

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
Welcome aboard. Newbies buy the first round.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Welcome aboard Jim. As you can tell there is a helpful bunch usually at hand to answer questions, solve problems, and point you in the right direction. One of the real strengths I've found in this forum is the helpful replies that often show/tell you how to accomplish something you need or want to do, most times using various methods or tools. Even if I'm not working on a project I've found many posts that have taught/reminded me of a technique that I may have forgotten or haven't tried.

And usually it's a light atmosphere with a good bit of joking at times. Do post pictures and ask questions but also contribute when you can.

BTW, what part of Virginia are you from? Myself, I'm in Fluvanna County near Scottsville.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Jim. I'm glad you decided to stop lurking and join in. When you get ready to design your first furniture piece let us know if you need ideas or have questions about techniques.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G'day Jim, welcome to the forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.