Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, as you can tell, my name is Mike and I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been using a router since I bought a Sears (and most power tools) about 25 years ago. Cause my MIL worked there. That thing will not quit. It's in a small Sears table a friend gave me.

Then as desire and ability grew, I had the opportunity to get a Porter Cable 890 combo when they first came out, at a store demo. The incentives from the Porter Cable guy were to good to resist. The 890 sometimes goes into a cast iron BenchDog table saw extension. Very Cool. Now I'm shopping for another 890.

I'm a very typical weekend, and some weekdays, home woodworker. I took over the garage. Got some nice tools, and some that I'd still like to have. I do a bit of turning also. Made a small amount of $ selling pens, bottle stoppers, etc. Just made a very cool jig that allowed me to rout flats at the bottom of turned table column, then sliding dove tails for the legs on those flats. I can make a photo, if anyone is interested.

I look forward to continued research (reading) from everyone. Most of whom have extensive experience with everything to do with a router.
Mike

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hello Mike, WELCOME to the forum!
Please do post some pictures. You can talk all day but a picture says it without a word. Post away. We love it. :p

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome Mike in CA. glad to have another Mike in the membership. Please continue your (research) as much as possible but, please try to participate in the forums whenever possible. You might have a question [that some one else might be affraid to ask] that will help others to when answered here. So, join in and learn and have some fun too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.