Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Steve, live in northern Minnesota, and my hobbies are woodworking and metal working. My shop is crammed into a garage that only houses a car when its broken or subzero temps demand it.

I came across this site researching info on using routers to make architectual moldings, corbels etc. Actually, I don't really like routers..dangerous, noisy and dusty and I'd much prefer working wood with hand tools. However, "Neander" woodwork requires a level of skill that often requires years of experience..something I don't have..so I use power tools when I need to. This is not to say that power tool's don't require skill or experience ..everything useful has its own learning curve.

That is about it. I look forward to making new friends and sharing information.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Steve! Welcome to the Router Forum! Glad that You found us. I understand that not everybody thinks about tools the same way, and thats ok! however I am one that feels better when I have tools in My hand and the smell of wood in the air :) The Router is an interesting tool that can accomplish a great many jobs around the house. Enjoy all the post and upload areas and see all the many ideas and projects. Have a great day!

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts