Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My name is Wil and found out about your forum from Oak Park Enterprises. I just bought a used router miter gauge on line without instructions and called them to find out if they had them - they did but told me I was missing the pin-fence and suggested I contact you about finding a source for one :).

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us, Wil.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Hi Wil:

Hi

My name is Wil and found out about your forum from Oak Park Enterprises. I just bought a used router miter gauge on line without instructions and called them to find out if they had them - they did but told me I was missing the pin-fence and suggested I contact you about finding a source for one :).
I'll second Jame's Welcome. Now, you have the OakPark mitre gauge? Can you post a picture please. I'm trying to figure out what you're referring to as a pin-fence. There is a version of the mitre gauge that uses a guide bushing but a pin-fence is a new term to me.

Anybody else have a suggestions????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

I got the term (pin fence)from a gal at Oak Park Industries who promised to email a PDF file of their instruction sheet. I'll try and send a picture. This thing looks like a miter gauge for table saw but instead of a metal bar their is a 1" slot (presumably for a router bushing) in a 10 13/16" X 10 3/16 phenolic base, The slot is 9 1/8 long. The base is made of white phenolic plastic with a hold down clamp mounted on it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the forums Wil,

Try the router reference or power tool manuals threads, you might find what your looking for there.

Chris

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Hi

I got the term (pin fence)from a gal at Oak Park Industries who promised to email a PDF file of their instruction sheet. I'll try and send a picture. This thing looks like a miter gauge for table saw but instead of a metal bar their is a 1" slot (presumably for a router bushing) in a 10 13/16" X 10 3/16 phenolic base, The slot is 9 1/8 long. The base is made of white phenolic plastic with a hold down clamp mounted on it.
Hi Wil:

Yup, that's what I figured you had but I still can't figure out the pin fence. That slot is definitely for a bushing. If you check out the RouterWorkshop on "woodworkingchannel.com" you should be able to find a video of them using it.

Now, for the pin fence :-}

1 - 7 of 7 Posts