Welcome to the forum. I’m east of you in cranbrook bc

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,628 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's because of my 8th and 9th grade shop teachers that I enjoy woodworking so much. At the time it was football and shop that got me through school. Unfortunately high school had no shop classes but due to the credits I had already acquired I only went 1/2 a day and worked at UVa Physics Department in the afternoons. It was Mr. Orr and Mr. McDaniel that woke that desire to create meaningful things from wood so I thank you for your abilities to teach and inspire.

The only thing about those days that haunts me is I remember paying $0.95 a board foot for walnut that could have been a wide as 12-14 easily.......I miss those days.

·
Premium Member
19,445 Posts
Wow, glad you decided to join the fun. Many of the people got started in a high school shop. We've had many discussions about the need for more shop classes. So you already have fans. There are also a number of people here with the heart of a teacher, so I think we're happy to welcome you aboard.

I have a question. Many of us have shops full of tools and no one in our family who wants them. Do you have any suggestions about how to best donate tools to a local school?

·
Registered
1 Posts
my name is juan I am from Indonesia I really like wood crafts because in my place there is a lot of wood that can be used as crafts, I hope this forum can help me about wood crafts.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum Juan.

·
Premium Member
19,445 Posts
Hi Juan, We have shared a number of wood crafters in your regions. Very interesting to see the ingenious ways they've gotten the work done using basic tools.

·
Official Greeter
18,790 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts