Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks letting me join the community. My first task is to find out how to change my username. I'm apparently having a keyboard problem and misspelled my last name.

How do I change my username?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Jim. Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
How Can That be?

Start another membership with the correct spelling and dont come back to this one.
-Bob

I went to my own profile page and you're absolutely correct, I can't find any way of editing my username, or deleting it for that matter.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum.Jim @Cricket will have change it only administration can change password and usernames.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
-Bob

I went to my own profile page and you're absolutely correct, I can't find any way of editing my username, or deleting it for that matter.
Dan, its security.
Imagine an ebayer who could do bad deals every time and just change his name whenever he wanted.
All your history would disappear every time you did that. It would be troll heaven.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome. Admin or Cricket as pointed out for changing it. Or follow Bob's advice. Make sure you fill out your profile. It helps if you ask how to do something if we know what tools you have to work with and how much experience.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Someone should be able to change your username. I had it done on another website. Went from a generic name to one more specific to that forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim.

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
Hi Jim, hope you have a good time here. We LOVE questions, pictures, projects, tool and material discussions, among a few thousand other topics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts