Router Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hello,
I'm happy to be here. hoping to share and learn from you guys.
I see there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here.
Glad to be a part of it.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Hello and welcome to router forum, Jim

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome, Jim. Hope to hear from you regularly. We are all here to learn and enjoy each other's company.

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,355 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jim.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Hey Jim!!! So what kind of wood working do you do? I try to do a little bit of everything so I am not good at any of it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You all for the warm welcome.
I am a Autocad draftsman and i work for a modular building company. I've been drafting for the past 22 years.
Although I have been an avid wood worker, I have never been a master of any one thing. I spent a lot of time fixing
furniture for my family and built the average bookshelves and storage casework for my friends. My family had a house painting company from 1964 to 1993
We did a lot of Custom homes along with track homes so I did a lot of Stain and lacquer finishes on casework. That was one of my favorite tasks. In the 1970s
we did a lot of high gloss lacquer which to me is an art as it shows every defect. You will probably laugh but my garage is my shop so I've spent the last few
years building rolling workstations as space is a problem. I never had the money for exotic materials so most of my stuff is built out of store bought items
people would throw away. My tools are mostly Harbor Freight (central pneumatic brand ) as I never had the funds to By brand but they work for me. My table
saw is a 2 1/2 horse Alltrade I bought in 1979 which I added a Beismeyer fence and I made a 60" table top out of one of our shops drafting boards.
(I've been drafting for a long time) lol. I'm now getting into custom gun boxes and casework. I apologize for the long post. I just wanted to give you a little
background. Again, Thanks for having me and i look forward to talking with all of you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome aboard...new here myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts