Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is John and I am located in central Florida. I enjoy woodworking and have just purchased a Jet dovetailing jig and am having a problem following the very simplified instructions. I am looking for help in setting the jig up correctly. Please help

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Welcome to Router Forums, Two of the most important things is 1. Height of the bit#2,Make sure that the collar you are using is for the bit you are using. I haven't used mine for a long time, so i cannot get to specific. I am sure that there will be someone here that can. Glad that you found us, You can also search for information, That type of jig are usually very close in instructions to one another. May make more sense in a different brand.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings John and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You

Thanks for the advice. One of my main problems was that I did not have a collar that would fit the Jet jig. I am getting a universal base for my router that will accept multiple , easy to remove, collars. I should get that this Wednesday. I watched a Woodsmith video about dovetail jigs in general and I think I am on the right track. I'll let you know. Thanks again for responding.....John

Welcome to Router Forums, Two of the most important things is 1. Height of the bit#2,Make sure that the collar you are using is for the bit you are using. I haven't used mine for a long time, so i cannot get to specific. I am sure that there will be someone here that can. Glad that you found us, You can also search for information, That type of jig are usually very close in instructions to one another. May make more sense in a different brand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. One of my main problems was that I did not have a collar that would fit the Jet jig. I am getting a universal base for my router that will accept multiple , easy to remove, collars. I should get that this Wednesday. I watched a Woodsmith video about dovetail jigs in general and I think I am on the right track. I'll let you know. Thanks again for responding.....John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts