Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.. I'm a new member, and also a new router owner..

I retired from FoMoCo after 35 years of service, 2 years ago as a skilled tradesman, and have always been a hobbyist/craftsman.. I've used routers in the past for simple tasks, and now that I own one, I'm going to enjoy learning how to use it to it's full potential..

I have recently purchased a PC 895PK, and a set of 66 bits for learning how to use my new tool.. My first project is a router table, and I am working on my second one.. The first was made from scrap wood, and I learned what to do, and not to do on the final product.. I have scoured the Internet for information, and found these forums.. Looks like just what I need to learn..

Thanks for being here.. I hope to be an active participant..

Mike

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome to the forums AxlMyk. It is my pleasure to welcome another retiree. Glad you found our group. You can learn a lot here. We have quite a few knowledgable and experienced people willing to help anyway they can. What was your skilled trade at FoMoCo?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Doc..
The trade is Industrial Instrumentation/Pyrometer.. I dealt with the fires of industry.. Process control systems for things such as boilers, compressors, paint ovens, tempering and annealing furnaces, heat treat equipment.. I also did precision tool repair/calibration for 20 years, as well as building management systems.. Basically, we did the things nobody else did.. I found the trade to be very interresting, and enjoyed it very much..
I hated to leave the job and the people I worked with, but the 52 mile drive to Dearborn got to be too much.. I wish I did it sooner now..

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome to the forums Mike. I would be happy to exchange information with you on local woodworking suppliers and tool companies. Perhaps we can make some sawdust together sometime.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be great Mike.. I live in Hartland, Mi. and have as yet to find a wood supplier besides HD and Lowes.. Marsh power tools has a store in Brighton, where I bought my Delta DP350 drill press..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.