Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Start off by clicking on the blogs section and select Sawdust dreams. This is my blog and it covers many of the commonly asked questions. Don't expect to see: "Buy brand X". Instead you will find the information to help you make an informed decision about what is right for you.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Welcome to the forums! There's lots of information here on router tables. I would read thru and soak some of this material up first and you may have a list when you are done to consider and work from. I would say, take a good look at the Oak Park table. Again, welcome!

Corey

·
2,392 Posts
delirous68 said:
hello everyone im just a beginner with alot of questions, my first question is i need a router table has anyone have any tips or advice for this one thanks again. :D
Delirous68...

W e l c o m e . . A b o a r d !!

You will find a lot of help here on routers, etc. The BEST!!

Router tables is just like buying a car... It's your 'taste' that counts.

If you like it Simple, the table that is used on The Router Workshop is available on the Oak Park site (see link on a page here... at bottom).

Depending on how much you will be using your router and the amount of space in your shop, you could build like the NYW table... or

You might find this one attractive... I really think it's slick and very productive... It's a knock down unit... where it only takes up room when you want to use it! :)

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/SkillsAndTechniques/SkillsAndTechniquesArticle.aspx?id=28007

So, you basically pick what you want and go for it... to suit you.

What helped me a lot was watching the RWS programs and seeing how simple the use of the router really is... you don't really need a fancy table, fancy fence, fancy tracks, etc. etc.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome delirious68.
For your first table I would suggest something simple so you can build it yourself. It's a great way to get some practice using your router and you can look at it and say "I did that". After you have worked with your table a while you will have a better idea of what you need or want on your next one.
Also, use the forum search at the top of the page and see what others have done.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Welcome delirous, hope to see more of you here in the future. Great bunch of woodworkers on this forum. Take advantage of their wisdom and knowledge. They will gladly give it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.