Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just like to take this time to say hello to everyone.

I am just getting started in woodworking I bought my first routor and made a table for it . So if there is anybody out there that can give me some good ideas to start working with the routor I would very much enjoy read them

·
2,392 Posts

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi kickerman and Welcome to the best woodworking forum on the net.

A good place to start is with a box or two ,the one that comes to mind is the 103 Magic Box, Bob and Rick will show you how to make this neat box and all you need is two router bits and the router table. :)
You can order this plan on line and I'm sure once you make one you will make one and then one more it's that much fun , Bob R. is the Pro. and he can show you many,many tricks how to use the router table and the plunge router.
Then once you have your fill of Boxes give the 107 Mug Tree a try it will blow your mind and any one that works with wood will ask you How Did You Do That,great project for the router table. :)

http://www.routerworkshop.com/S100.html
103 - Magic Boxes
104 Box Joint Drawers
107 - Mug Tree and Pen Stand

Bj :)

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Welcome aboard Kickerman. Bj has given you some excellent advice. I am just now getting into box making and think they are a lot of fun and great practise for larger projects down the road.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Welcome Kickerman. As you can already see from the replies you have gotten, this is a great forum to learn about routing and woodworking in general. Just search around and if you can't find an answer to a question just ask and someone will surely have an answer for you.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
New member kickerman. Welcome to our router forums and to the community of woodworkers. Another place to pick up some good info is "thewoodworkingchannel" on the net. Watch for the "Router Workshop" on thewoodworkingchannel and see two experts do just about everything with a router. Bob and Rick are our hero's. A book I like is "Woodworking with the Router" by Bill Hylton. You might check your library and see if they have a copy. Thats what I did. Course, I went and bought my own copy after that. Last: be "SAFE" and enjoy your woodworking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts