Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. Yes, I'm new to "Router Forums" and at this time really don't have anything to discuss. Probably will in the future.

My name is Richard Warren and I'm 76 years young. I've done miscellaneous wood working for many years. This is only a 'hobby' with me. I do not make items for selling but really enjoy making things for family and friends.

Right now I'm in a "world of hurt" because I don't have an instruction DISC for the "SPACER FENCE JOINERY BASICS". I bought the fence joinery tools at the Collinsville, IL wood working show several years ago and at the time, the instructions were on a tape. I now have need for these instructions but no longer have a tape player, which are now Do-Do birds, if you know what I mean. My first question for this forum is: can I purchase a CD, (disc), with the instructions for the "SPACER FENCE JOINERY BASICS"?

I want to make a couple of projects for this Christmas using the spacer fence so need the instructions ASAP. In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys whatever project they're working on.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Richard. If no one shows up with one there are many companies these days that specialize in transferring tape and film to digital media.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,370 Posts
Welcome to the forum Richard.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Richard ~ Welcome to the Forums and greetings from Southern Illinois. There are several ways to convert your tape to CD format, but because you are in a hurry I suspect that your best bet is to contact Woodline USA, as suggested by John. I am sure that a CD with instructions is available. Perhaps one of our own members has a copy and would be willing to share. Best wishes and let us know how this turns out for you.

Bob

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
I specialize in doing that for friends, Richard. But posting to Australia may be expensive ( but not too much, $10???).

Who produced the tape?

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Richard, the "Spacer fence" is a copy of Oak Parks box joint jigs. You will find lots of information on using them on the forums. The bit, fence and space between them must all be the same. This is quick and easy to do with brass set up bars.

The first photo shows how the offset fence is used for the first pass on the ends of your boxes. You can also use an angled push block with these jigs for projects like the angled clock. For most projects you can use a piece of 2 x 4" as your push block; this supports the work and helps prevent tear out. I use a piece of 4 x 4" most of the time as the taller push block gives more support.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I believe I now have my dilemma resolved. I found a daughter that still had a tape player and used it. Yea, really not much to the setup. It has been several years since I made any boxes. Now we're back in the groove. Thanks again all and Merry Christmas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts