Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this , a new Incra router lift,made by Jessem for those who use metric. Jessem are in my opinion the best lifts on the market. That said, I don't know why they came out with the 4 hole /tiny screw inserts.

https://www.incra.com/manuals/INCRA_Mast-R-Lift-II_Metric.pdf

Years ago (70's) I had a Craftsman router in a Craftsman benchtop table and the table inserts had those tiny screws in the insert. I was changing inserts and lost a screw, when I turned on the router,I found out where it went, ruined the router is the moral of this story.

Herb

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
The magnet works like a charm doesn't it. I have thick fumble style fingers and I can't grip anything much smaller than 1/4" reliably.

I'm assuming when you say a metric lift that the adjustment scale is in metric? If you are making a home made jig that needs to adjust and you want to be able to measure the adjustment then using a 3/8" by 16 thread bolt allows that since every full turn moves the jig 1/16". But it's the only SAE bolt with that thread pitch. There are a few different size metric bolts that have 1mm thread pitch which means that every full turn will move the jig 1mm so going metric gives you more options in available sizes.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The magnet works like a charm doesn't it. I have thick fumble style fingers and I can't grip anything much smaller than 1/4" reliably.

I'm assuming when you say a metric lift that the adjustment scale is in metric? If you are making a home made jig that needs to adjust and you want to be able to measure the adjustment then using a 3/8" by 16 thread bolt allows that since every full turn moves the jig 1/16". But it's the only SAE bolt with that thread pitch. There are a few different size metric bolts that have 1mm thread pitch which means that every full turn will move the jig 1mm so going metric gives you more options in available sizes.
On my Jessem table that has the sidewinder crank to raise and lower the lift, the table top inserts are of the no screw type with a "C" spanner type wrench that rotates the insert to lock it.
Herb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.