Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I decided to upgrade my Craftsmen 113 series table saw to the Leeson 1.5hp motor. I would like to change my switch to a new one... Where do I find a switch that my new motor can plug into that has the safety features I should employ?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
As long as it's rated for 1.5 hp it should be good. I know Grizzley has some in that range.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Good choice on the motor. You'll like it. I have a switch with a button mounted on the front of the saw. Then I put a cord with a plug on the new motor just the right length to reach the switch. Plugged em both in and away we went.

Those switches can be bought most anywhere, but Grizzly does have some nice ones.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Check out the POWERTEC 71007 110/220V Paddle Switch

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
That'll work. But you will have to make a cord for the motor. It doesn't come with a plug in cord. So you could actually wire the motor directly to a switch if you wanted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That'll work. But you will have to make a cord for the motor. It doesn't come with a plug in cord. So you could actually wire the motor directly to a switch if you wanted.
OK Honest John... I'm buying the switch you recommended, a 9" plug to wire to plug into wall, ill need to wire motor, but what type of box do I need to put it all in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Tom the switch should come as a unit with the box or fit a standard electrical box available at any hardware store. The plug in wire will have the black wire attach to one terminal on the switch. The black or red wire from the motor will attach to the other terminal on the switch. As long as this is 110 volt then the white wires will get joined to each other and the green or bare wires will attach to a screw on the box.

Reactions: jj777746
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.