Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a been a woodworker for years, and I am a cheapskate. My craftsman fixed base router I bought in 1979 finally gave out. I want to buy a combo because the plunge router I have is awful. I have been looking at the Ridgid 2903 and want to buy one, but it seems to be in scarce supply. In my search, I have seen the Ridgid 22001 combo pack. This is a bit cheaper, and I have only 3 reviews on it. All were 5/5 stars, but with only 3, this makes me nervous. Has anyone used this router and do you recommend it?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Remainderman, I've got the Ridgid 2930 combo, I don't know it that's what you were refering to, instead of the 2903?? But I just love my 2930! I use it in and out of a table, and have really been using it a lot these last 4 or 5 months, as I'm building new kichen cabinets. Also made a bunch of signs before last Christmas. It has been a work horse for me. And if you buy it new, and send in a copy of your receipt and the PC code, you have a lifetime warranty on it. After buying a 10" Ridgid chop saw first, and then that router, I have become a fan of Ridgid. I now have a Ridgid Trim Router, shop vac and cordless drill. And have used all of them a good bit, and still sold on the Ridgid line!!

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.