Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,

I have rekindled my interest in woodworking. Back in the 70's, I piddled around by building some pine furniture. Surprisingly, it came out looking like a pro built it, of course over the years poor joints and material quality left the stuff warped and joints seperating. For the past 30 years, I have been building miniature steam engines. Making castings, machining and finishing is quite a challenge. Of course the finished product is well worth it. For the past 40+ years I have been a Toyota mechanic. My other love is competitive skeet shooting.

Anyway, enough rambling about the past. My wife wants some new furniture pieces and me, being retired and "On a fixed income", have plenty of time and not a lot of funds. I have decided to build the stuff myself. My first project is the design and construction of a router cabinet/table. "Honey, I must have a good router table before I can build the furniture" I have been "casing" this site for some time in order to glean, some of, the wealth of information found here. I hope you good folk have no objection to dumb questions, I will be asking a bunch of them.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome Bill. The only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask. I agree with about building the RT (router table) first. It will make things much easier. You can search about router tables by typing that into the Community Search and you can click on the router forums logo and go to the homepage and look for old threads about building tables there. There is probably a couple of days worth of reading on them.

Reactions: oldskeetshooter

·
Premium Member
19,221 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,829 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill - in the few years that I've been on this forum, I don't ever recall anyone ever saying a question was dumb. Nice bunch of folks here who a ton of knowledge and experience and are more than willing to help you (and anyone else) with any issues that arise. They'll be happy to help you (and maybe help you spend money too).

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,314 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts