Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've actually been a member for some time but just have not had the opportunity to surf the site and participate. I don't have a lot of router experience so I am looking forward to perusing the forum from time to time to pick up on some of the finer points of routing. I am a retired Navy fighter pilot and have dabbled in wood working for many years, even before I retired from the Navy in '97 after 30. I've even made a couple of things and repaired furniture.... my favorite woodworking pass time.

My goal is to set up my woodworking shop this spring that was "built into" my garage when we built our house. I made the garage larger for the purpose of a woodworking shop, but it is still laden with boxes, bikes, as well as some old and several "new" woodworking machinery pieces that have never had an electrical plug. After the mother of all garage sales this spring, I hope to call on an experienced friend to help me set up the 200+ square foot, enclosed shop that I will also air condition when the walls are finished and insulated.

I worked in a retail woodworking specialty store for one year about 7 years ago and gaining a lot of knowledge about woodworking and woodworking equipment that, unfortunately has diminished due to lack of use. I also taught woodworking machinery classes a few times at the store.

Enough. I don't have any specific questions at this point, but my experience has many holes that this site may help fill. I've enjoyed reading some of the forum posts and will return often. If you made it this far.... thanks. Have a great day. will

·
Official Greeter
19,066 Posts
G’day Will

Welcome to the router forum.

Thank you for joining us

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Howdy from Texas.

Thank you, James. I'm looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable and proficient on the router by picking up great tips from others and making a little saw dust myself.

will

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds like you may have some knowledge that could fill some holes here, too. Good fit!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Howdy, Will. You may have noticed from reading old posts, that we are really good at spending other people's money here. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A favorite pass time of mine, Ralph. After all, I was in the Navy for 30 years! Been there, done that! Thanks for the note.

will

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Will and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe. US Navy 1962-1966, tin can Navy, USS Semmes DDG 18; Katy, Texas 1986-2002; Dallas, GA now. I always liked the brown shoe Navy guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts