Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this up this evening. After I sprayed the outline, I sprayed a lil' bit of clear over the stars to seal em'. so that when I painted them, the white would not mix with the black and turn them grey. Pics before and after finish applied.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
That's quite remarkable . Can hardly imagine the hours involved. Btw , great job on the painting too .
You been taking lessons from Scott Art ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's quite remarkable . Can hardly imagine the hours involved. Btw , great job on the painting too .
You been taking lessons from Scott Art ?
Thanks Rick. Yeah I spent a lil' time on it. Lessons? I'm just an old Tattooist that couldn't tattoo any more do to my nerves. So after many idle years, found a new way to apply my past skills.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Bobby Lee does it again. Outstanding, Bobby Lee.

Reactions: BobbyLee

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is truly amazing. The image looks to be perfectly symmetric and the colors pop. You must have been one heck of a tattoo artist just by seeing this piece of art. What protection did you apply to the wood?

Just curious because I am doing a little something for my wife and it's going to go outside spring/summer/fall and winter. Our temperatures vary quite a bit as we live in the foothills of the Rockies. If anyone else wants to throw their thoughts into this, I would welcome any and all suggestions. I'll be using what came off an old Ikea bed platform and the wood is not a hard wood but will do the job. I need to put together a couple of pieces to support a bird bath that has a smaller diameter that the old birdbath's metal frame. The platform is at least 20y old and the wood is very dry, not sure if I should treat it first or just let the protection do its thing once it is done. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Great sign BobbyLee! Love that Egale

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is truly amazing. The image looks to be perfectly symmetric and the colors pop. You must have been one heck of a tattoo artist just by seeing this piece of art. What protection did you apply to the wood?

Just curious because I am doing a little something for my wife and it's going to go outside spring/summer/fall and winter. Our temperatures vary quite a bit as we live in the foothills of the Rockies. If anyone else wants to throw their thoughts into this, I would welcome any and all suggestions. I'll be using what came off an old Ikea bed platform and the wood is not a hard wood but will do the job. I need to put together a couple of pieces to support a bird bath that has a smaller diameter that the old birdbath's metal frame. The platform is at least 20y old and the wood is very dry, not sure if I should treat it first or just let the protection do its thing once it is done. Thanks for any suggestions.
Thanks Pierre. I used Krylon clear maxx on it because it's an inside sign and just put 3 more coats on it today. Outside signs I use Helmans Spar Urethane.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,327 Posts
That's awesome BobbyLee.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Wish I could just paint half that good.

HJ