Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New piece I just cut and am currently working on. Either going to add; Ride To Live, Live To Ride separately under each of the wings across the bottom. Or BobbyLee & Nancy under the wings. Coin flip at the moment. Can hardly wait to paint it after a light sand first and see it with paint and clear coat on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
very well done Bobby..

Reactions: BobbyLee

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very well done Bobby..
Thanks Stick. Really needed my magnifier for cutting those stars in with my SC-50 line carving bit. Wings were done with Profile bit.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thanks Stick. Really needed my magnifier for cutting those stars in with my SC-50 line carving bit. Wings were done with Profile bit.
Bobby you amaze me. I just tried to make a sign that wasn't near as complicated as yours and it's trash. :crying: How are you painting yours? It looks like an air brush would be handy.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
This may be your best yet, Bobby Lee. Excellent job.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Beautiful pattern Bobby Lee. Really nice hand cutting job to get all that detail.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bobby you amaze me. I just tried to make a sign that wasn't near as complicated as yours and it's trash. :crying: How are you painting yours? It looks like an air brush would be handy.
Don as of now I am using a combination of Acrylics and Paint Pens. On this piece I am probably going to use my fine tip brush and acrylics to paint all the stars and then paint pens for the red, white & blue areas.

I am wanting to get an air brush set up probably in the next few months. But as for now, will work with what I have on hand.

I purchased my paint pens from walmart; $1.97 a piece. Most are medium tip. Plan to get more fine tips when ever the restock. They work great if used properly. Trick is not to depress the tip to long to the point the paint puddles out. Hope this helps out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks great...and difficult! Nice work!
Thanks Ken. Most tedious part was taking my time on the stars. Dropping the tip of my SC-50 bit slightly into each tip of the stars. Rest was pretty much easy going.

Some pieces I use spray adhesive and carve straight through my paper layout. Other more detailed pieces I use carbon paper and trace my layout, so I don't risk the paper tearing or pealing off on the detailed areas.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This may be your best yet, Bobby Lee. Excellent job.
Thanks Oliver. Coming from you that's a big compliment. You know I'm a fan of your work. Congrats on Sign Carver Of The Day; With Your Bird Sanctuary Sign.

As far as my best yet; Still figuring out a piece to top my Harley Davidson Panhead Sign. Now that sign was a challenge. But this one should look nice over top of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Dam that's good...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beautiful pattern Bobby Lee. Really nice hand cutting job to get all that detail.
Thanks Mike. Having a light router like the Dewalt DWP611 with the base plate I have on it, really helps with control. Thinking about modifying the knobs on it though. Still undecided on getting bigger knobs or cutting some 1" inch dowels 6" long and using a small drum sander to carve finger grips in each of the dowels.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great sign Bobby - my suggestion: go with BobbyLee & Nancy. "Ride to Live...... " is too common
Thanks Vince. Yeah I think the wife is pretty partial to BobbyLee & Nancy on it as well. And as they say;

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
but WAIT!!!
is that a cut cord we see???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Now; "Come On" Stick. Would I dare violate your safety protocols? :surprise: It's the tag that came on it.
okay...
WHEW!!!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Let us know if you get a phone call or letter from Harley.

I think we can make them for our own personal use, but I'm not sure.

HJ

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Let us know if you get a phone call or letter from Harley.

I think we can make them for our own personal use, but I'm not sure.

HJ
John; I would like to believe personal use would be okay, but you know how they like to word everything. If they want to come knockin' over a personal piece of wall hanging. We don't call 911 out in the sticks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts