Router Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,921 Posts
BJ. I think what Tom was asking is how many of the bits pictured would members use, and what other bits they would use and their names/types.
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
template tom said:
Original post:

Having a look through the Carb-I-Tool catalogue I came accross a number of Face/Edge cutters and I would be interested in the number of cutters members would use and possibly record their names.
Tom
template tom said:
Joe
It was a simple 'Survey' as you put to see if fellow router users used the cutters posted.
You answered part of the question by saying "I have some of those profiles" and you forgot to finish the sentence to say what you use them for or even submit a posting showing alternative Face/Edge cutters you might use.

My interest is simply to find out what Face/Edge cutters other members use.
I was unable to post the names of each cutter which might have made it easier to identify each cutter, and I suppose some of the profiles would be used more regularly, and again others never used.
Tom
Hi Tom...

I guess I need an interpretter too... :) :)

In the Original post, "would use" and "possibly record" were used.
I took "would use" to be bits I would use in the Future... not necesarily what I am "using". I took "possibly record" as an option... possibly or not possibly... :) :)

I have bits like the "V" pointed bits, large & small... haven't used them very much, but I've used them. I "would" use some of those smaller beading bits if I had them... but I don't have any of them.

I thought that one bottoming bit with a space in the middle looked interesting... I think I 'would' use that one...

I "wouldn't" use any of them a lot... just once in a great while... except those that 'could' be used for rounding over and common edging treatments.

Sorry I can't be any more specific than that...

Sorry I misunderstood your first post. :) :) :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe Lyddon said:
Hi Tom...

I guess I need an interpretter too... :) :)

In the Original post, "would use" and "possibly record" were used.
I took "would use" to be bits I would use in the Future... not necesarily what I am "using". I took "possibly record" as an option... possibly or not possibly... :) :)

I have bits like the "V" pointed bits, large & small... haven't used them very much, but I've used them. I "would" use some of those smaller beading bits if I had them... but I don't have any of them.

I thought that one bottoming bit with a space in the middle looked interesting... I think I 'would' use that one...



I "wouldn't" use any of them a lot... just once in a great while... except those that 'could' be used for rounding over and common edging treatments.

Sorry I can't be any more specific than that...

Sorry I misunderstood your first post. :) :) :p
Sorry i will leave to to your little games
Tom
 

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
Joined
·
14,943 Posts
Template Tom

Well gents, the first I heard was a single line email from Tom saying he had had enough and was quitting the forum. I have replied asking for some information, but I suppose that the general lack of interest in his posts, there are normally only the same few who show interest, plus a certain amount of nit-picking are the reasons. I have never understood why out of the very large number of members to the forum, so few actually participate. I do intend to make contact with Tom as soon as possible and attempt to change his mind, and some support from members might just help. I would hasten to add that there is no collusion what-so-ever between Tom and I to create interest it's simply that I know from personal experience that Tom has a great deal to offer and members of this forum will be the poorer if he does not return. Harry
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
2,392 Posts
template tom said:
Sorry i will leave to to your little games
Tom
You accuse me of playing games... and you go back and edit your posts to remove them... I don't get it... WHY? Glad I kept the Original!!

Now, read the Original post and reread your reply, just underneath the Orig. Your reply makes more sense than your Original!! :'(

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

If your original post had been more like:
Revised Original post: by Joe said:
Having looked through the Carb-I-Tool catalogue I came accross a number of Face/Edge cutters. I am interested in the cutters members are currently using. If everyone could let me know which ones are being used, I would appreciate it.
Thank you,
Tom
It would have made more sense to me...

I'm sorry for OUR misunderstandings...
May I suggest that you think about what you're saying before you say it? :) :)
Joe

==========================================

template tom said:
Original post:
Having a look through the Carb-I-Tool catalogue I came accross a number of Face/Edge cutters and I would be interested in the number of cutters members would use and possibly record their names.
Tom
template tom said:
Joe
It was a simple 'Survey' as you put to see if fellow router users used the cutters posted.
You answered part of the question by saying "I have some of those profiles" and you forgot to finish the sentence to say what you use them for or even submit a posting showing alternative Face/Edge cutters you might use.

My interest is simply to find out what Face/Edge cutters other members use.
I was unable to post the names of each cutter which might have made it easier to identify each cutter, and I suppose some of the profiles would be used more regularly, and again others never used.
Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,921 Posts
This is a misunderstanding caused by an uncommon common language. I have spoken at length with Tom on Skype and learned his communications mannerisms, this is why I knew what he was asking in his original post. I understand other members communications mannerisms as well and know that nobody was "Making sport of" or in other words "screwing with" Tom's postings. (Two very different ways of saying the same thing) For the forums to be successful we must all spend the time to understand what the other person is saying and flat out state: I do not understand? when we do not. We all see things through our own eyes and expect others to do so as well. It is tough to step back and try to see through the other persons eye's, but well worth the time invested. It would be a shame to let a perception of an insult that was not intended ruin a good thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Well gents, the first I heard was a single line email from Tom saying he had had enough and was quitting the forum. I have replied asking for some information, but I suppose that the general lack of interest in his posts, there are normally only the same few who show interest, plus a certain amount of nit-picking are the reasons. I have never understood why out of the very large number of members to the forum, so few actually participate. I do intend to make contact with Tom as soon as possible and attempt to change his mind, and some support from members might just help. I would hasten to add that there is no collusion what-so-ever between Tom and I to create interest it's simply that I know from personal experience that Tom has a great deal to offer and members of this forum will be the poorer if he does not return. Harry
I met Tom at the Perth Woodshow recently. I attended several of his presentations, and bought one of his CDs (I didn't have the cash for them both).

He impressed me with his knowledge, and was glad when he offered further help by email.

Personally, I don't like to receive or send private emails for help, it places demands on people I don't like when I'm receiving, and it's time-consuming for those who respond.

I have, over the years, participated in mailing lists (everyone gets each email) where one is free to respond or not, and everyone knows that (or very quickly gets told).

I had thought a forum such as this, or those conducted by ubeaut an excellent place to get help from Tom and others.

Public fora such as these and mailing lists have the advantage of many eyes to spot mistakes, to add further insights, and opportunities for many to learn new tricks over time.

Harry, if you can sit him down for a while each day and get him to write a book or three, people will be able to learn from him for years to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,921 Posts
Tom has been working diligently on his instructional DVD's. In this case a video is worth more than a thousand words. John, Tom would be delighted to hear from you and be able to assist you, it is his favorite passtime. It is a shame so few pay close attention to Tom's teachings. Knowing more than one way to safely complete a job is to everyones advantage.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top