Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a screw up by UPS causing a delay in my shipment. Everything arrived today. 1st around noon my new base plate and other bits arrived by USPS. Now I have 2 profile bits, 1 SC-50 liner carving bit, 1 60 degree v-groove bit and 1 90 degree v-groove bit. Then at the end of the day UPS finally showed up with my new Dewalt DWP611 Router. Now all I have to do is get up tomorrow and cut a hole to modify my router, mount my new base plate and test everything out on some new signs. Soon to be one happy sign carver...

Attachments

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
You don't really need to modify the router, Bobby Lee. I have been using mine unmodified with the Rhoten baseplate and had no problems. I'm not sure why they like to modify theirs. Maybe because it makes it easier for them to shoot videos. Since the DeWalt has a built-in light, seeing your work isn't a problem.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
You don't really need to modify the router, Bobby Lee. I have been using mine unmodified with the Rhoten baseplate and had no problems. I'm not sure why they like to modify theirs. Maybe because it makes it easier for them to shoot videos. Since the DeWalt has a built-in light, seeing your work isn't a problem.
I remember on one of their videos they said it was to let light in the back side. That would help them to film videos and to see their work. My Makita is closed in on the back side but has no light. I might try hooking up a small battery operated light to help me see better. I am always wanting to try something new.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I think Dave and Eric also did it to help with chip and dust removal.

Congratulations Bobby Lee!! I know you are going to enjoy the goodies and will be making even more awesome signs!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember on one of their videos they said it was to let light in the back side. That would help them to film videos and to see their work. My Makita is closed in on the back side but has no light. I might try hooking up a small battery operated light to help me see better. I am always wanting to try something new.

Don. That's what I did to my B&D Plunge Router. I first duct taped (You know us rednecks) my small mag light to it. But didn't like looking at the tape. So I then connected some zip ties (Rednecks love zip ties too) and a couple thin wood shims to tilt it forward to shine light on my working surface.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts