Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the table top from CMT for 99.00 last week. Its nice ,solid phenolic,comes with insert and hardware. I took my old top off because it saged after a few years in my shop (garage shop in mich.) gets damp at times. i dont like to spend money on things that I can make ,but when I added things up I had to buy it.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Looks to me like you got a nice buy there. Lots of work space and looks like you could use it as a extention for cutting on your tablesaw when you take the fence off. So you could use it as double duty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jack52,

I have been reading all the comments on tables in the forums,and have considered the 99.00 table from CMT. Also went as far as calling to get info on the plate, they told me it is 3/4" thick ? is this correct,I thought it would be a drop in like all the others. If it is 3/4" thick how does it mount? They told me they were made in Italy and were not carrying them anymore,as Mark is comming out with his own tables.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dahunt, This table is 3/4", it is screwed to the cabinet with 6 or 8 screws. The table is flat and pre-drilled. The insert and coller adjust level to the table. I made my table top and cabinet a few years ago. It began to sag,I know this one wont. This top is well worth the price. You can see the first table i made on the post (test pictures) if I can be of any help let me know.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Just a Note****
I did the same thing, the router top is great :)
Marc's new table top will not have the Insert Plate ,it will be all ALUM.that's to bad because that's one of the neat items about the router top.
You can pop it out to work on the router or if you want to install a new router motor all you need to do is pop out the insert OR you use it like Bob & Rick the router boys,
It can be a pain to take the router top off the cabinet just to add a bigger router.
I install a PC router and now I'm going to install a 3 1/4 hp .(FT2200)

Below you will see some snapshots I'm working on.
Still want to make a Fence like the one that Marc's has but I need to order some parts like the quick pin and the 8mm stud with knob and the vac.pickup app.
I want to use it with the swing fence setup and the replacement snap in blocks.

http://www.routerforums.com/showthread.php?t=2766

Bj :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.