Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a router table top to attach to an old, large, heavy Work Mate that my neighbor picked up for me for $15 at a flea market.

In the past, I have made my own inserts. This time I bought an aluminum, one size fits all. I love it. It's thick and nice and flat.

Any feelings about filling all the unused holes once I have it mounted? Seems to me that there are a lot of edges waiting to catch your work piece.

Any advice is appreciated.

Pete

·
Official Greeter
20,249 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Peter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Table will be 35 5/8" x 25" with a 4" ability to slide to 29" for extra support of panels, etc. I may make the 'slide' a little bigger, but I'm concerned with loosing stability. I'm using pre-finished melanine shelving for the top layer of the table, hence the odd sizes. I don't see any benefit to trimming then having to retrim the cuts.

As I consider any placement of components, it's always from router center.

Today, I figured a way to add a shop made micro adjust. I'm going to mock one up tonight to make sure I know what I'm doing before cutting any finished fence material.

Being new to the forum, I posted here by mistake. I posted again under router tables where I think it belongs.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.