Router Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new Router Table from Joe at rt1000.com. Although I initially considered building a table, I wanted to get up and running quickly, so I decided buying a near-complete cabinet would be my best option.

I'm very impressed with the table, the fit and finish are very nice and its extremely well built. It arrived sanded but with no finish and requires the aluminum mounting plate to be custom drilled to suite your router. I chose to pair it with a Triton MOF001.

It's taken me a few weeks to get everything unpacked, fitted, and finished. I added a few accessories: feather-boards, a dust collection adapter, and a collet wrench. It shipped from Canada and made it to Cincinnati in about 10 days without damage. Overall I'm very excited and can't wait to use it.

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
Very nice, and thank you for the great pictures!

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Mike

Nice setup :), I have a question for you did the plate come predrilled for the crank hole for the lift.. :)

Mike ,,you may want to check out the link below, the little add on part for the crank will let you turn it when the bit is under the fence like it is most of the time.. :)
http://www.routerforums.com/table-mounted-routing/12608-triton-2-1-4-router.html

It would be a easy fix if you could just turn the router and remount it and just drill a new hole for the crank hole but it looks like you don't have the room behind the router to turn it to the right place.
(hole, front side ,right corner)

======

I recently purchased a new Router Table from Joe at rt1000.com. Although I initially considered building a table, I wanted to get up and running quickly, so I decided buying a near-complete cabinet would be my best option.

I'm very impressed with the table, the fit and finish are very nice and its extremely well built. It arrived sanded but with no finish and requires the aluminum mounting plate to be custom drilled to suite your router. I chose to pair it with a Triton MOF001.

It's taken me a few weeks to get everything unpacked, fitted, and finished. I added a few accessories: feather-boards, a dust collection adapter, and a collet wrench. It shipped from Canada and made it to Cincinnati in about 10 days without damage. Overall I'm very excited and can't wait to use it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice setup :), I have a question for you did the plate come predrilled for the crank hole for the lift.. :)
Hi Bob, and thanks.

No, I drilled the crank hole in addition to the mounting holes and countersinks. The Triton router had a small semi-circular relief in its base that accommodates the crank arm. I used that relief to figure out where to drill the shaft hole.

I later learned from Joe that he can pre-drill the plate for certain routers such as the Triton - evidently it's a frequently used router for this type of setup.

Edit: Bob, after looking through the link you provided (what a great crank handle modification by the way, I will probably end up doing something like that) and seeing some pictures of other Triton mounting configurations, I see why you asked about the mounting hole. Had I rotated the router about 90 degrees counter clockwise, I could have a more forward position for the crank arm.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Mike

Thanks and your welcome :)
If you are going to remount the router it would be a good time to drill and tap a hole for a safety /start pin at the same time.. they do come in handy and a real must for free hand work on the table.. :)

======

Hi Bob, and thanks.

No, I drilled the crank hole in addition to the mounting holes and countersinks. The Triton router had a small semi-circular relief in its base that accommodates the crank arm. I used that relief to figure out where to drill the shaft hole.

I later learned from Joe that he can pre-drill the plate for certain routers such as the Triton - evidently it's a frequently used router for this type of setup.

Edit: Bob, after looking through the link you provided (what a great crank handle modification by the way, I will probably end up doing something like that) and seeing some pictures of other Triton mounting configurations, I see why you asked about the mounting hole. Had I rotated the router about 90 degrees counter clockwise, I could have a more forward position for the crank arm.

Attachments

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Hey Mike, it looks excellent I knew a lot of members are customers of RT1000 and they are more than satisfied with the product, it's a very top notch Router Table.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Nice looking table, well done, think I need to change mine.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Beautiful job on the finish Mike. After using it for 5 months do you still like it? Are there any changes you would recommend?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.