Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a couple of ideas out of my head, and thought I'd share them with you. I've been too busy to share much lately, but I do try and lurk when I can.

Later this year, I'm going to run my 2nd Kickstarter campaign, called Game Night. I'll have a half dozen different games, all made with my CNC (and other tools!). Now I just have to get them all done.

I don't usually make boxes, but I did enjoy doing these card boxes as a change of pace. I've only taken them to one event; didn't sell one. I did give one to my mother for Xmas, and it was a BIG hit, so I know they are a good idea. Mom's never wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Beautiful...all of them...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, the 2nd clock is Padauk.

A pet peeve of mine: I *never* use scrap wood. Scrap gets recycled. Also, most of what I make is food ready, so using scrap has implications I really don't like - I've seen people make cutting boards & serving pieces out of barn wood, for example. I lived on a farm; I know what barnyard animals do. Food ready? Hardly.

Almost everything I make starts with lumber, as did all of these pieces. Each piece of lumber is hand selected by me for the construction I have in mind. That's true of what we all do, right?

Scrap implies bad things about what we do & the quality of the work, so I simply don't use that word.

Some off-cuts sit around for a *long* time before I find the right use for them. When I get there, though, I think the results can speak for themselves.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.