Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/B][COLOR=RedAfter upgrading my trapshooting equipment, I decided that I should upgrade the woodworking shop. For a table saw, I selected a Firestorm FS219LS, this replaced an 20 year old Craftsmen. I now have a Delta 6 inch variable speed bench jointer. Replaced a 4 inch Craftsmen jointer.
Two new books in the library, both by Byll Hylton. Router Magic and Woodworking with the Router. Must be a million jigs to look at.
The one jig that The Router Workshop used that can't be beat, is the self centering Mortise jig. Which I have built from plans provided by Bobi3. Thanx for the plans. The only change I made was I went with pine wedges.
I was planning on getting a planner, but read that a planner will not take the warps out of a board. I have a lot of black walnut boards that my trapshooting buddy gave me.
Bud

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Your joiner will give you one good surface, the planer will make the opposite surface match it.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Trap

You're Welcome

You may want to load up the walnut and take it to a local lumber yard or wood shop and let them rework the walnut for you ,most have high end equipment to do this,you will be money ahead and then be on the look out for a good used planner. :)

JUST A NOTE***** I saw a one going down the street in the back of a pickup on Sat. and I it was a 18" planner, I made a U-Turn and down the road we went for about 5 miles or so until, he pulled into gas station I jump out and said do you want to sell that and he said NO ! I just got it today, and I said OK I was just asking hahahahahahaha LOL then I found out he was a great guy that loved wood working like I do, well that took a hour or so to say thanks, he said he found it in the paper for 150.oo bucks and I said do they have anymore :) and he said No hahahahahahaha he said ,do you see two in the back of my truck hahahahahahaha, I have a old one that I could have for 100.oo bucks and I said OK what kind,he said I don't know no tags,no SN# etc. and I said I think I will pass, so to say you can find great deals by just looking around. :)

Bj :)

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
This reminds me of what I had mentioned in a different post. It seems that no one ever thinks of checking out "pawn-shops". They carry used an some new tools and most generally reasonably priced. Check them out sometime, you may be surprised at just what you will find. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.