Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working with lumber projects for 20 years, limitations are starting to set in and the requirement of machines is becoming my only option. Looking forward to what I can come up with.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Looking forward to what I can come up with.
You mean spending a lot of money? There'll be some CNC guys along in awhile. I'm more a don't buy anything I can't figure out how to use in 5 minutes or less type.

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
Again, welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your profile to clear the N/a in the side panel and so we'll know what to call you, and add your location to your profile.

What sort of space, budget, requirements, etc. do you have for a CNC?

David

·
Official Greeter
19,749 Posts
G'day, welcome to the forum.

We seem to have more CNC users that router uses, these days.....LOL....

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
We seem to have more CNC users that router uses, these days.....LOL....
Don't need to worry about me using any CNC except Coffee N Cookies, James. Those CNC machines do not feed my soul.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums. It might help us give recommendations if you also tell us what type of projects you would like to work on, the smallest, the largest, what materials will you use most of the time?

·
Registered
21,686 Posts
Welcome. CNC is pretty fascnating stuff around here. More specific questions get more specific answers. One of our members, Gaffboat, just wrote a second book on the topic. Here's his first, both are available under Professor Henry as author, on Amazon. The first is basics, the second is on sign making, production and finishing methods. Gotten nice reviews and if you search his posts, you'll see why I'm suggesting his books.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.