Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Vevor 3018 pro CNC router. I am over 65 and this is my first introduction to CNC machining. I have my machine put together and I apparently made my first big mistake which was buying a new Chromebook to run the machine. From what I understand, I should have bought a laptop with Windows. Is there any way I can use my Chromebook? Thank you in advance

·
Official Greeter
19,955 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Brand.......

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
This may help

Reactions: jw2170

·
Registered
652 Posts
I purchased a Vevor 3018 pro CNC router. I am over 65 and this is my first introduction to CNC machining. I have my machine put together and I apparently made my first big mistake which was buying a new Chromebook to run the machine. From what I understand, I should have bought a laptop with Windows. Is there any way I can use my Chromebook? Thank you in advance
The FIRST thing I noticed is that this is not a ROUTER at all. It is an ENGRAVER. It is intended to make small plaques for trophies, and name badges, and office door signs using the two-color layered plastic, where you would "engrave" through the top black layer to expose the bottom white layer (for example.)

I would not attempt to do any heavy routing or 3D carving with this machine. I do not think it is designed for such strenuous work.

Where are you located? I don't need much of an excuse to take a ROAD TRIP to check it out.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.