Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello........
I am semi-retired. Just got done rebuilding our back deck and building a 56 foot fence extension. Use to be a parts counterman then became an AZ tractor trailer driver for about 8 years.
Interested in wood working, photography and computers, but all self taught. Originally started in a mobile trailer manufacturing company 40 years ago.
Really interested in CNC on a small scale, to make signs etc. Was interested a number of years ago, but other things took priority. Wondering if it is possible to learn enough to maybe buy a small machine and computer program to do some hobby work and maybe make some money on the side. Looking at a Shark CNC with V Carve program.
Hope I can pick up some info and learn enough this time to succeed in my interest on the CNC.
Hello to all.............Bob L. from Southern Ontario, Canada

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bob.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,944 Posts
:)
Bob, welcome to Router Forums, glad to have you join us, I'm positive the members of the community would be more than willing to answer any questions you have :)

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bob.

·
Registered
786 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Canadian . Bob we have pretty close to the same interests . You live in a much better place though for getting access to the good stuff :)

I would like a cnc router someday but at the moment have a cnc 80 watt laser with a 800mm by 600mm table ( needs new tube I think) . Great for plexiglass signs as it cuts threw 6mm plexi beautifully .
Here's a piece of mdf I scribed into . You will have to learn the wonderful world of vectors
Laser at 100% power and 30% speed

Plexi led backlit .laser cut this out plus engraved

1 - 7 of 7 Posts