Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, real name is Lars. I have a new 11amp Skill plunge/fixxed base combo router, a gift from the wife. I have no experience or knowledge of routers except what I have seen on the show. For the projects I have in mind, I know a table would be greatly beneficial. Money is tight so I can't go and buy a nice table like I would want. I could get a cheap one for about $70.00, or is there a plan available to build a nicer one? I have router bits already, and I am excited to get going on these projects. Any other sugestions and advise is also welcome.
Thank you.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Glad you found our forums Lars. Do not be afraid to ask questions here. There are no dumb or silly questions on this forum. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge here and is FREE for the asking. So, welcome to the forums.

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Lars, I resently joined as well. I also have just completed my own router table. Evaluate your potential needs as to size and then google "router table plans". There is an amazing amount of information at your fingertips. If you still want help or have questions, you could not find a better place to go than here. Best of luck, and I hope you decide to build. It is a rewarding experience to create something useful, and it will expand not only your skills with a router, but also your capability to work wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.