Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i bought my bosch POF500 router 15 years ago and never opened the box(although a chippie once used it for me to round a corner off)
so i have dusted it off and bought a 1/4" collect to match the bits i have, and i bought an unused new Kreg benchtop router table -the original one with a template guide you use to drill and mount your router under, (I have ordered the new version insert plate from kreg)
So i went to my old bosch and used my router to do some tests and refreshed myself on how the cutters work, safety etc
So now i looked if i could mount it in the table so I have a few questions?
this router does not appear have mounting holes in the base so is it unsuitable to mount in the bench?
if i wanted to buy a router to mount in the table what ones are suitable particularly in adjusting from above? and bit changing?
I am an acoomplished DIYER but want to now start to concentrate on using a router to make things.
I know there are many routers out there so i know Trend is a big "proper" routing company so how can i decide what model to buy any help would be appreciated?

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
USA models are different than England's, so I can't help with that. I do know you want a 12mm collet. You can usually find a collet for the same model for the smaller shank bits. But a full sized router is pretty powerful and the larger diameter shank is a better choice, especially for larger bits.

Here is a chart that shows the profile cut of the most often used router bits. I find this chart to be helpful.
Brown Textile Sleeve Font Line

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
G'day Peter, welcome to the forum.

I use the holes for the black base plate to mount in the table.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.