Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Just getting my name and status out there to everybody. I am new to routing, but not new to wood working. I am self employed doing property maintenance and services in Maine. I am pretty handy at most things a love problem solving.
I acquired a Hitachi M12VC 2-1/4-Horsepower Variable-Speed Router about two years ago (without the plunge base) and it has been sitting around ever since except for a couple of portable jobs.I have recently gotten into making interior and exterior storm window inserts and thought it would pretty hand to have a router set-up to add strength and aesthetic qualities to my designs. So far I have added an attached router table to my Ridgid R4510 Table saw. Next I will be designing a fence. I have recently purchased a T-Slotter, 3/8" straight, 3/4" straight, 3/8" Rabbit bit to do this project. I also have various other bits mostly 1/4" shank, but from now on I will be purchasing 1/2" shank Bits.
I will be looking thoughts on fences, router lifts I prefer DYI type info as I am cheap and have a propensity for problem solving. I look forward to working with you all with this a the inevitable projects to come!

Hochiminh A.K.A. Jose

·
Registered
Mike
3,765 Posts
Hi Jose,

Welcome to the Router Forums.

Work safe, have fun, Cut some wood,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts