Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to woodworking and have been monitoring the posts for a while. I purchased the Freud router deal at Lowe's and finally received the plunge base. It's time to either buy or build a table. I'm intrigued with the simplicity of the table used by Bob and Rick. Any suggestions?

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any suggestions, but I do recommend the Oak-Park table that Bob and Rick uses. I have one and love it. Easy to store and allows me to follow what Bob and Rick do on the show in my own shop.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Hi Jthomp and welcome to the Router Forums. Glad to have newbie join our forum. Give these experienced woodworkers a whirl and see if you can stump them with your questions. Don't be afraid to ask. They really are a friendly group, and knowledgeable I might add. IMHO, build one like Bob & Rick. At least to learn on. If, as time goes by you feel you need something else, you have experience with the simple one. I believe in the "KISS" method.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas, I think that i will follow your recomendations and go with one of Bob and Rick's tables. The only question I have is will my Freud 1700 mount up to a ready made plate or will I have to drill my own?

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
J, Welcome to the forums. When you place your order they will ask you for your router model and send you the correct plate to mount it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
jthomp,

i just took a quick look at the oak park website and i didnt see the Freud 1700 listed.
they do have a customer service # 1-800-655-0252 M-F 9-5 Central time , so they can give you some guidance..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.