Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have watched a few episodes of the Router workshop and am a newbie when it comes to woodworking. I recently bought a Freud 1700 VCEK fixed base router. I am trying to decide if I should return it and get the PC 890 series instead.

Krams

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums krams. Glad you joined us. Can't answer your question as I have no experience with either router. Someone will have it I'm sure.

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
Welcome to the forums Krams. Look forward to talking about routers with you. Not a real fan of the Freud router but the 890 has its problems as well. For my 2 cents stay where you are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to all, I am just starting on this forum. I taught woodworking in the county schools here in southern WV. I am now retired and hope to do a little more in my own workshop. I have a few machines in my basement and am thinking of mounting my router to get the more accurate cuts shown on TV. I guess time will tell if I am going to like the move. I also like to play golf and must decide which one will take precedence in my hobby choices.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Hi Carmello and welcome to the forums. Always glad to welcome another retiree. Keep to the woodworking guy, you can always golf while the finish on a project is drying.

Dave
the "Doctor"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.