Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have just joined the forum.

By way of introduction I live in Canberra, Australia.

My main interest is box making so obviously I find routers useful, up there with the bandsaw, TS and various other fine machines. My routers include the Triton and Hitachi TR12 - both excellent. The Triton is mounted in a Triton router table. In my opinion, the Tirton router is one of the best in the world, but the table leaves a lot to be desired. I will be building a custom table in the future.

I don't have access here in Oz to The Router Workshop on TV, but now that the woodworking channel is available I have found Bob & Rick's show. Excellent. I am impressed by what they can do with routers, the speed at which they work and the simplicity of ther tables and jigs.

I have been down the path of "bargin nasement" router bits and will avoid them in future. Your comments and advice on the brands of quality bits there are out there would be welcome.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome KRH. There are many postings on bit quality. I'm not sure what brands you have available locally. I would suggest you private message TemplateTom. Tom is somewhere down-under with you and he is a storehouse of information.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Gidday mate and welcome to the forums. Mike has a good idea, get hold of TemplateTom. He has been routing for quite awhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.