Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is David. I live just outside Kingston, Ontario. My current workshop is a somewhat crowded garage but that will change shortly when I get all my stuff moved to my new steel shed (erected it myself!)
I have been woodworking for many years as a rank amateur, but have built several nice pieces of furniture. A dining room table 4x10', a coffee table 4x3 ", another coffee table 1.5 x 4'. All are white pine. The 4x3 table top is 3/4 " thick and came from boards that were floorboards in a century old barn 9 (lots of work but worth it)
I am currently trying to upgrade my router table to something sturdier and straighter than the old Ryobi table I now use. The one with the outfeed table 1/16" proud of the infeed (makes it hard to get accurate work).
I am also looking at building a good fence that will work without costing a fortune, thus joining this forum.
Hope you all don't mind the odd stupid question.
Thanks for having me.:moil:

·
Official Greeter
19,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for joining us, David.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,059 Posts
This David is a forum where no question is considered stupid, not only does it consist of members with years of woodworking experience but also we have doctors, dentists, mechanical, electronic and electrical engineers, metal machinists, computer wizards and many more. All of these subjects and many more can be discussed in the LOBBY if they don't fit into a listed group.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome msgs.
Just finished a new router table using several bits and pieces of plans found on the site. Seems to work like a charm!
Thanks for all the good info.
David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello friends...
I am new join member of this community, I always like to share and get some best knowledge of the related forums. I always like to know some best knowledge of the great community of this forum. In this forum every member always share some best information.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts