Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick introduction to myself.
Having just retired and now have some time on my hands (excluding what my wife finds for me to do) I want to get into my woodwork and use my routers a bit more, I have an interest in wood boxes and rifle stocks (competition air rifles and pistols) also in the process of knocking two houses into one so want to create some special kitchen cabinets as well.

I am slightly spoiled as I have access to a large CNC wood router as well
(my wife runs her own sign business) but would rather learn to use my own hand routers first.

Looking forward to picking some brains and learning as much as possible.

IanRT

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome Ian...
how can we help???
how would youu\ rate your experience level w/ routers???

Attachments

Reactions: IanRT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done some basic routing but never had the time to get into it seriously, the scourge of having to earn a living.

I have a small setup at the moment but have a good router or at least I think it's good (Triton TRA001) and also have the Triton saw center. The router is bench mounted but still have to do some fine tuning with it but happy with it for the moment.

I have always been involved with wood work around the house and other bits and peaces making my own house doors and a sliding kitchen door which I am pleased with. I like making my own jigs etc.. having just completed a simple center mark up tool using some old Meccano as a test and this has worked better than expected.

Many thanks for the pdf. files will down load and read them today and I look forward to learning from every one.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I have done some basic routing but never had the time to get into it seriously,
Many thanks for the pdf. files will down load and read them today and I look forward to learning from every one.
in that case ... here's some more...

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
and in your spare time...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks look forward to reading all of this, Its also the main reason I join forms like this people are always so helpful.

Are most of the forum participants Us based?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Are most of the forum participants Us based?
pretty much...
where are you...
hint... some basic profile information would be nice...

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ian.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Ian.

Sounds like you already know a little about using a router so it should be easy for you to start enjoying making a few project besides house repairs and improvements.

Keep us posted on what projects you are working on.

Work Safe, Have Fun, Cut Some Wood.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts