Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Hello Doug - welcome aboard. I see by your profile that you recently retired - congrats on that. You've indicate that your interests include hunting, trapping for food and fur, and fishing - can you narrow down your approximate location - that sounds interesting and there may be other members near you. I live in southern Ontario so my wife does all the hunting and fishing (at the grocery store). I also see you've got a few tools at your disposal including a router and table - if you've got questions don't be afraid to ask - members here are both knowledgeable and friendly and willing to help you gain more experience. And if you've got photos of your setup and they exist on your computer, you can post them without waiting for the 10 post minimum.

Vince

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Doug and welcome. I also hunt and fish and live on the edge of a forest about 90 miles across in south central British Columbia. There are trappers that work the same area but I've never been interested in getting into that. Lots of us have Craftsman routers and they will get you by but you may want to upgrade one day and you should know that the Craftsman routers are hard to get parts for when they get older. Until you have a problem that's a bridge you don't need to worry about crossing right now.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum.Doug

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Lots of us have Craftsman routers and they will get you by but you may want to upgrade one day and you should know that the Craftsman routers are hard to get parts for when they get older. Until you have a problem that's a bridge you don't need to worry about crossing right now.
Welcome aboard.

Well I've got 4 or 5 old Craftsman routers, newest is something over 10 years. So you can listen to Chuck, or to me. I'd listen to Chuck. Hehehe All my routers work except one, and a soldered wire came loose on that one, easy fix, but with the others working, haven't bothered yet. For what I do they work great, I don't work them to death, so that helps. My solution to ever needing parts for one would just be to toss it. After all, got working spares. :) I use my routers for one purpose, and one purpose only, so don't need anything fancy, don't need to make adjustments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.