Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I love wood-working, especially building cabinets, bookshelves ans sometimes fine work (like a small box, mounted in a kitchen cabinet for salt ans pepper, rotating when opening the door).

I have two Sears routers, one mounted on a router table and the other for free hand work (plunging).

I just retired and moved from Canada to France and, after resetting my workshop, I discovered that the table router depth setting is nearly blocked. I hope somebody in this forum couild help me.

Regards to all

Papitou

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Papitou, welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

By "blocked" I'm assuming that you can't adjust it? Is it a fixed base, or a plunge base? Fixed base I would try cleaning it good. Remove the motor from the base and make sure no sawdust has gotten in and is jamming things. If it's a plunge, is the lock releasing? Is the depth adjustment rod in the way?

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Hi Papitou

Welcome to the forum

Hello,

I love wood-working, especially building cabinets, bookshelves ans sometimes fine work (like a small box, mounted in a kitchen cabinet for salt ans pepper, rotating when opening the door).

I have two Sears routers, one mounted on a router table and the other for free hand work (plunging).

I just retired and moved from Canada to France and, after resetting my workshop, I discovered that the table router depth setting is nearly blocked. I hope somebody in this forum couild help me.

Regards to all

Papitou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Router blocked: Probem solved

Hi Papitou, welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

By "blocked" I'm assuming that you can't adjust it? Is it a fixed base, or a plunge base? Fixed base I would try cleaning it good. Remove the motor from the base and make sure no sawdust has gotten in and is jamming things. If it's a plunge, is the lock releasing? Is the depth adjustment rod in the way?
It is a fixed base. I had to use a special tool, such those used by mechanics to unscrew cars oil filters, to be able to remove the motor. After careful cleaning, it worked not too bad. However, the following morning, it was blocked again.... Eventually, I guessed the problem could be due to my workshop temperature (around 10°C) and brung the router in my house. After waiting a few hours to let it reach the room temperature, it worked perfectly...
Conclusion: The Sears routers require a heated workshop to work properly !!!!!!

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Papitou and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts