Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Charlie and I am a Dallas Firefighter. I used to do some woodworking in my spare time as a hobby making wahoo marble boards (we play it here at the fire station), locker plaques and other fire dept related things. Recently I decided to make my own little side business, En Route Woodcrafts, and have been trying to expand my designs. I also do a lot of detailed woodburning on all my work which i really enjoy. I am excited to gain some new knowledge on routing and woodwork and look forward to talking with you all. I also have a facebook page with my work. Search for En route woodcrafts, Im not allowed to post a url on here yet. Here is one example of a marble board ive made for a firefighter here.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Charlie.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Charlie, My brother is a retired B'Ham, Al firefighter and I retired from forest fire fighting a few years back. Thanks for your service to the community and welcome to this one. Nice marble board.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the nice comment and about my marble board. I love my job and love the free time it gives me to do woodworking. Do you know if they have any type of traditional game they played there on BFD? I had no idea that they did here on DFD til I got hired but its basically a way of life around here on being a good marble (wahoo) player, it can get pretty riled up over a game.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
very nice work and I'm sure that being a fire fighter you can " do a lot of detailed woodburning on all my work"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts