Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a cheap little 4 x 36 Menards Tool Shop belt/disc sander that burned up. Gave like $75.00 for it and needed one quick. Only lasted a year.. oh well. I did buy a new one on Amazon the other day. This one is from Palmgren. They also make this model for Sears Craftsman. It's perfect I think for the work I do on boxes etc. Has a 8 inch disk and 6 x 48 belt and a neat little spindle sander on it ( have to buy different spindles for it however). Anyway, hope it will work out. Should be pretty substantial with the cast iron tables etc. Weighs in a 125 lbs plus!

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Corey

Real nice machine, may I ask if you saw this , just asking :)

A fixed shipping charge of $99.99 applies to this product.
This item is not eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping; this may be due to the item's unusual shipping weight of 137.2 pounds.

Bj :)

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.... yes, after I purchased the unit Bj and got the total. However, it is still cheaper than what Craftsman sells the model for in the store even with shipping charges. My only worries is that it arrives in decent shape. I don't like mail ordering tools of this size and Amazon usually just ships in the Manf box. Keep your fingers crossed! It hasn't even shipped yet so probably will be another week or so.

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Corey

I'm sure you saw the total but maybe you may have miss it,, LOL

I got the new machine(carvewright) in the same way in the Manf .box and I almost s***t when I saw a hole in the side of the box that the UPS "dropped" off a 80lb. box, but the UPS guy is a nice guy, he said do you want this in the shop and I said yep, he said lets go, I will punch out and take a break (he is a wood worker also) he gave me a hand and put it on the bench, and he said I want to see some of the items you make :), and he did the next day. :)

It sounds like you will be getting it by TRUCK ...135#.

Good luck and let us know how you like it... I have one and I use it all the time(Spindle sander that is).

Just a NOTE about the UPS guy,,,he sees all the garage sales :) :) :) and got many items from them like a DeWalt 18" planer for 100.oo bucks , hummm must be nice to see all the good stuff 1st. :) he is now looking for a item or two for me now :) :)...

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That would be nice Bj to have a look out like that. My wife is pretty darn good at it too but haven't seen much in the last few years other than worn out Craftsman stuff!

Joe, it was 199.00 on sale. I spent half that on shipping :) and picked up my favorite Freud blade as well while at it. All tolled with shipping I got it all less than what Sears sells the model for (Palmgren makes a few of the Craftsman tools like the benchtop Jointer and 15 in lathe)

Corey

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hey Corey

I hope I'm not over stepping this, but maybe you should call Amazon and ask them to ship it in two or three boxes by UPS (70# per box max the norm ) I'm almost sure it would save some big money in shipping charges :).......it may take 10 days but the same thing by truck.
Can't hurt and the bottom line is the bottom line.. :) :)Amazon is a great place to buy items from and they will work with you most of the time.
Tell them you live on the side of a mountain top and a truck needs to be 4 wheel drive, LOL LOL LOL a little white lie may save some big bucks :) :) :) and you go to town to pickup your UPS items all the time :) :) :) I guess that's two little white lies.

·
Retired Moderator
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's probably not a bad day but seems like when I do stuff like that everything falls apart. I got to leave early in the morning for Minneapolis and will be gone all week so don't really have time to mess with it. Hoping it goes well!

Corey

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
It only seems five minutes since you bought a linisher Corey. Does the belt go horizontal and flip 90deg?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.